PostDoc Laser Spectroscopy (m/w)
Veröffentlicht am: 30.07.2018
We are looking for a postdoc who joins our team: since February 2017, we have been working on the further advancement of dual comb spectroscopy towards the XUV spectral region at the Abbe Center of Photonics of the Institute of Applied Physics in Jena.
By overlapping two frequency combs with slightly different repetition rates, dual comb spectroscopy enables, similarly to Fourier transform spectroscopy, the measurement of broadband absorption spectra, however with million times shorter acquisition times and unrivaled relative spectral resolutions of up to 10-9. This has been proven already in different spectral regions (NIR, MIR, VIS, THz). However, the high-energy part of the electromagnetic spectrum, the extreme ultraviolet (XUV), has so far been inaccessible to the innovative spectroscopic method due to the lack of appropriate laser sources. With the help of the high power fiber amplifiers developed in Jena in the recent years, dual comb spectroscopy is now being expanded into the XUV (6-100eV) at the Institute of Applied Physics. With this, investigations of the (highly) excited states in atoms and molecules with unprecedented spectral resolution up to a few μeV become possible.
You can find more about the junior research group on the institute's web page: Ultraviolet Dual Comb Spectroscopy
To strengthen our team we are looking for a
PostDoc Laser Spectroscopy (m/w)
Reference number: 102/2018
- Diploma or Master's degree in physics
- PhD in physics/photonics
- Advanced knowledge in fiber optics, laser physics and absorption spectroscopy
- Knowledge in the field of coherent (X)UV radiation (high harmonic generation)
- Excellent skills in English (written and spoken), a basic knowledge in German is desirable
- Ability to work independently as a researcher and effectively in a team
Additional desired qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge in dual comb spectroscopy
- Knowledge in Matlab, LabView or similar programming/analysis software
- Development of (infrared) dual comb spectroscopy towards applications in the near and extreme ultraviolet region
- Efficient generation of high order harmonics at high laser repetition rates
- High resolution absorption spectroscopy in atoms, molecules and solids
- Implementation of laser stabilization schemes (frequency comb technology) and/or adaptive sampling (dual comb spectroscopy)
- Involvement in application and project monitoring of third party funding
- Additionally, the applicant is expected to upgrade her/his qualifications, e.g. within the scope of a habilitation
The position is initially fixed to three years, but can be extended based on the performance of the candidate. Salaries will be paid in accordance to the German Public Services Regulations TV-L (E 13). The Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer. We also welcome applications from challenged people.
Please send your application (cover letter, curriculum vitae with publication list, copies of diploma and PhD certificates, two reference letters) by email under the above mentioned reference number to:
Prof. Dr. Birgitta Schultze-Bernhardt (Jun.-Prof.)
Institut für Angewandte Physik
Questions regarding the position can be addressed to the same address.Review of applications will start immediately, application deadline is August the 30th 2018.